POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Functions (Thorsten?) : Re: POV Functions (Thorsten?) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Functions (Thorsten?)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Oct 2002 11:50:58
Message: <3dbc1972@news.povray.org>
In article <chr### [at] netplexaussieorg> ,
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>  wrote:

> Maybe you haven't seen my posts about it...it's a simple langage with
> support for vectors.

No, where would they be?  The G functions i know are apparently something
completely different from those you know...

> Actually, it looks like the trap table's parameter count is only used to
> initialize the functions parameter count, in FNCode::Compile()...I
> should be able to modify it for individual instances with no trouble,
> right? Doesn't look like the code is designed for this, but I don't see
> any reason for it to fail.

You should not really mess with tables of constant values.  It is
initialised there in order to determine how many parameters a function
takes, more information is not necessary.  However, I see no clean way to
determine how many values got passed to the functions and then take
appropriate action.  If you desire such functionality, you should really not
add it with such an ugly hack.

> BTW, how do POV functions handle vectors? It looks like they are seen as
> 3 double values...can it handle parameter list of mixed vectors and
> scalars?

Vectors are not allowed as function parameters, so...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde